Background on Veterinary Drug Residue
Veterinary drug residues refer to the original form of the drug, metabolites and drug impurities accumulated and stored in cells, tissues and organs after the drug is administered to animals. There are many types of veterinary drugs and a wide range of applications. 154 veterinary drug residues in several food categories (Desmarchelier A et al., 2021). Although veterinary drugs play a very important role in preventing and treating animal diseases and improving the quality of animal products, the abuse of veterinary drugs can easily cause residues of harmful substances in animal-derived foods. It may cause chronic poisoning to the human body, threaten life and health, and induce a variety of diseases. It will also cause great harm to the development of animal husbandry and the ecological environment.
Fig.1 A series of processes involving veterinary drug residues in the human body.(Wang B et al., 2021)
Veterinary Drug Residue Test Kits
Veterinary drug residue test kits are common tools for detecting veterinary drug residues (fluoroquinolones, lincosamides, macrolides, polymyxins, sulfonamides, tetracyclines, parasitic drugs, anticoccidial, sex hormones, corticosteroids, β-stimulants and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) in food, as well as important means to ensure food safety. Veterinary drug residue test kits can be divided into the following categories:
- Detection of drug residues in aquatic products (such as shellfish, freshwater fish and shrimp, bullfrogs, etc.).
- Detection of drug residues in livestock and poultry products (such as beef, lamb, pork, chicken, etc.) and eggs (such as eggs, etc.).
Advantages of Our Veterinary Drug Residue Test Kits
- A variety of veterinary drug residue detection technologies (gold standard detection method, enzyme-linked immunosorbent method, high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), gas chromatography (GC), liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS), gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (CC-MS), thin layer chromatography (TLC), capillary electrophoresis (CE), microbiological assays, radioreceptor assays electrochemical biosensors, piezoelectric biosensors, optical biosensors and molecularly imprinted polymer biosensors etc.) were adopted to develop test kits.
- It can operate multiple kits to measure multiple components at the same time, short measuring period and high measuring sensitivity.
- Veterinary drug residue include 5+ categories of food (milk and dairy products, meat, grain, edible oil, eggs etc.) and 6+ categories of veterinary drug (antibiotic, parasitic drugs, anticoccidial, hormones, β-stimulants and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs etc.)
- The kits contents are safe and equipped with detailed product instructions, which is simple, fast and convenient to operate.
CD BioSciences provides a wide range of veterinary drug residue test kits including antibiotic, parasitic drugs, anticoccidial, hormones, β-stimulants and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for milk and dairy products, meat, grain, edible oil, eggs etc. We are committed to producing fast, efficient, safe and inexpensive veterinary drug residue test kits to meet your requirements. If you are interested in our products, welcome to contact us for products quotations and more detailed information.
1. Desmarchelier A, Bessaire T, Savoy MC, et al. (2021). Screening of 154 Veterinary Drug Residues in Foods of Animal Origin Using LC-MS/MS: First Action 2020.04. J AOAC Int. 104 (3): 650-681.
2. Wang B, Xie K, Lee K. (2021) Veterinary Drug Residues in Animal-Derived Foods: Sample Preparation and Analytical Methods. Foods. 10 (3): 555.
It should be noted that our products are for research purposes only. Not suitable for any clinical use.