Background on Food Antibiotic Residues
Antibiotics refer to a class of secondary metabolites produced by microorganisms (including bacteria, fungi, actinomycetes) or higher animals and plants in the life process with anti-pathogen or other activities. They are chemical substances that interfere with the development function of living cells. Antibiotics are widely used as feed supplements, 234 cases of antibiotic residues were recorded (Liu X, et al, 2017), but the consequence that cannot be ignored is that after people eat meat, eggs, milk and other foods with antibiotic residues, they will cause antibiotics to accumulate in the human body, causing people to develop resistance to antibiotics. Lead to various tissues and organs, even cancerous.
Antibiotic Residues Test Kits
Food antibiotic residues test kits are common tools for detecting antibiotics in food, as well as important means to ensure food safety. Food antibiotic residues test kits can be divided into the following categories:
- Detection of large amounts of tetracycline residues in honey.
- Detection of large amounts of residual chloramphenicol and furazolidone in scallop shellfish, turbot, osmanthus fragrans and cultured shrimp.
- Detection of large amounts of kanamycin, streptomycin, tetracycline, chloramphenicol, cephalosporins, etc. in chicken, pork, and duck meat.
Advantages of Our Antibiotic Residues Test Kits
- A variety of food antibiotic residue detection technologies (microbial growth inhibition assays, microbial receptor assays, enzymatic colorimetric assays, receptor binding assays, chromatographic methods, immunoassays, the SEbased or SPE-centric method and LC-MS/MS) were adopted to develop test kits.
- It can operate multiple kits to measure multiple components at the same time, short measuring period and high measuring sensitivity.
- Food allergens test kits include 5+ categories of food (milk, aquatic products, livestock, poultry products and vegetables) and a wide range of antibiotics.
- The kits contents are safe and equipped with detailed product instructions, which is simple, fast and convenient to operate.
Fig.1 Schematic diagram of food antibiotic residue testing. (Chen J, et al, 2018).
CD BioSciences provides a wide range of antibiotic residue test kits including quinolones, sulfonamides, ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin and sulfisoxazole for milk, aquatic products, livestock, poultry products and vegetables. We are committed to producing fast, efficient, safe and inexpensive food antibiotic residue test kits to meet your requirements. If you are interested in our products, welcome to contact us for products quotations and more detailed information.
1. Liu X, Steele JC, Meng XZ. (2017) Usage, residue, and human health risk of antibiotics in Chinese aquaculture: A review. Environ Pollut. 223: 161-169.
2. Chen J, Ying GG, Deng WJ. (2019) Antibiotic Residues in Food: Extraction, Analysis, and Human Health Concerns. J Agric Food Chem. 67 (27): 7569-7586.
It should be noted that our products are for research purposes only. Not suitable for any clinical use.