Background on Air Quality
The "life gas" that we breathe every day is layered on the surface of the earth. It is transparent, colorless and odorless. It is mainly composed of nitrogen and oxygen. Oxygen in the air is necessary for all aerobic organisms and for humans. Air quality can be affected by various chemicals, including gases (ie, carbon monoxide, ozone, radon), volatile organic compounds (VOCs), particulate matter (PM) and fibers, organic and inorganic contaminants, and biological particles such as bacteria, fungi , and pollen. The quality of air reflects the concentration of pollutants in the air. At present, the problem of air pollution is becoming more and more serious, and it is important to detect pollutants in the indoor and outdoor air.
Air Quality Test Kits
Air quality test kits are important tools for detecting pollutants in the air, as well as an important means to protect human health. According to different air pollutants, air quality kits are mainly divided into the following categories:
- Gases Test Kits: detection of some gases in the air, such as carbon monoxide, ozone, radon, etc.
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) Test Kits: detection of ammonia, benzene, volatile organic compounds, formaldehyde, etc.
- Soil quality testing: the soil testing kits mainly include the content of iron, phosphorus, nitrogen, heavy metals, organic matter in the soil, and soil urease, etc.
- Particulate matter Test Kits: detection of dusts, fibres, smokes, fumes, mists, liquid droplets and airborne respirable solid or liquid particles, etc.
Fig 1. Conceptual diagramshowingsources of air pollution and its potential impact on human health and ecosystems. (Von Schneidemesser E, et al, 2020).
Advantages of Our Air Quality Test Kits
- A variety of air quality detection technologies (filterbased gravimetric method (GMM), laser based optical method, β-attenuation or β-ray absorption method (BAM), tapered element oscillating microbalance (TEOM) method, plate culture, molecular methods, immunoassays, molecular methods (PCR, RT-PCR), biosensors and microfluidic device, fluorescent and opticaletc methods, etc.) were adopted to develop test kits.
- Combined with the multi-integration technology of supporting instruments, it can realize the rapid detection of pollutants in the air with low detection cost.
- High detection sensitivity, can specifically identify a certain pollutant in the air for detection.
CD BioSciences provides a broad range of air quality test kits for for detecting ammonia, benzene, volatile organic compounds, formaldehy, dedusts, fibres, smokes in indoors and outdoors. We are committed to producing fast, efficient, safe and inexpensive air quality test kits to meet your requirements. If you are interested in our products, welcome to contact us for products quotations and more detailed information.
1. Von Schneidemesser E, Driscoll C, et al. (2020) How will air quality effects on human health, crops and ecosystems change in the future? Philos Trans A Math Phys Eng Sci. 378 (2183): 20190330.
It should be noted that our products are for research purposes only. Not suitable for any clinical use.